Being a user Windows 7, XP or Vista you can encounter how to deal with Internet Explorer has stopped working fix error or Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working IE 10. This is not something new to many though only a few people can tell you what goes on. This is one thing which can annoy you especially when you are busy at work and the internet explorer has stopped working. This means if you do not know how to deal with it you won’t continue with what you were doing. In order to help you know how to fix this problem, you will have to go through this article where we will offer you various causes and solutions.
Causes of internet explorer has stopped working error fix on Windows 7, XP and Vista
Corrupt file system
Well, there are various issues which may cause this problem and one of them is having corrupt files on your PC system. So if you happen to get Internet Explorer 9 has stopped working problem first check on whether your files are working. Here is how to check system files’
- Go to the startup menu and locate run program,
- Type in “sfc/scannow” and enter OK,
- Run as the administrator and it will start scanning.
Malicious software, malware and spyware
Malicious software, malware and spyware may cause windows Internet Explorer 10 has stopped working. This means there is something in your PC which is not supposed to be there. When spyware or malware enters on a PC they go direct to the system and there will be the beginning of issues such as slow in performance. When this happens, you should get Microsoft security essentials from their website here and do a full scan on your computer.
You may want to know more about :
Corrupt and outdated video drivers
- This is yet another cause of “Internet Explorer has stopped working error fix” in order to check your drivers here is a short process;
- Go to the search box on your startup menu and type in ‘Windows update’
- Once it is open click on optional updates and open the hardware driver
- Update them
- You can still visit check the type of your PC and go to their website and update drivers from there by downloading and installing them.
Badly installed Programs
Another cause is some programs which you could have added recently. This will require you to check on these programs and remove them if they be found with a fault. Some might have been installed wrongly and can be fixed or either they are corrupt. If this be the case follow the following steps;
- Go on your startup menu and locate run program,
- Type in msconfig and enter OK,
- The system configuration window will open and there you will find another tab named startup,
- Open it and find the corrupt programs and after that uncheck them,
- Click on OK and you will be done.
Please Read :
- Download BitDefender 2014 Offline Installer
- How to fix dwm.exe error from Windows Vista, XP, 7 and 8
Visit your Windows Memmory diagnostics to fix the problem. This is a tool which is found on Windows 7 and Vista and its work is to find problems found on memory modules. Here are steps to follow;
- Go to your PC control panel and find classic view,
- Find windows memory diagnostics and click on it to check and fix any problems that might be there.
Use safe mode
Internet explorer has stopped working error fix or “Internet Explorer Not Working” can as well be done when you use safe mode which is mostly used when troubleshooting. In this process you hinder unwanted programs from running on your PC. This helps the windows to get all the wanted windows and services. Another importance of this process is that it helps in booting windows in a safe mode with no errors.
As you see, internet explorer has stopped working or “Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Vista” is a slight problem and now you know what may cause it. What you need to do is ensure that your computer is always secure by installing a strong antivirus and being a window user you can download windows security essentials so as to avoid this problem. Many people blame windows and say that their services are not good but now you know the internet explorer has stopped working problem might be the product user. If you apply any of the above ways you will be able to sort out the internet explorer has stopped working problem. Since the processes take few minutes, you can actually try all of them. This will help you familiarize yourself with such a internet explorer has stopped working problem and know how to deal with internet explorer has stopped working.
Another thing is that you can actually detect more problems and fix them at once. This is doesn’t need an IT expert as long as you can avail yourself for few hours. Know this process will help you since you will not be contacting different people asking them to come and fix the problem for you.
You can also check here the Official Source when Internet Explorer Will Not Open